Monthly Archives: October 2017

Award-winning US Marshall team behind search for Gurto – WKYC

CLEVELAND – His mugshot is plastered all over Northeast Ohio.

Joshua Gurto is at the top of the local U.S. Marshals most-wanted list. He disappeared after his girlfriend’s one-year-old daughter, was raped and murdered earlier this month.

Now Pete Elliott, the U.S. Marshall for Northern Ohio and his team who are closing in on Gurto, have just been named the BEST in the nation in their district size.

They were following fresh leads on Gurto on Friday, but couldn’t disclose details.

“I know we’re going to be closing in on Mr. Gurto’s world so-to-speak and we’re going to bring him into custody,” said Elliott.

Elliott has not just an excellent track record, but one that’s

Read More at: http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/northeast-ohio/award-winning-us-marshall-team-behind-search-for-gurto/484966436

Tracking down ‘most wanted’ insurance fraud suspects


Tracking down ‘most wanted’ insurance fraud suspects

This article originally appeared Stateline, an initiative of the Pew Charitable Trusts.

Just a day after Leandre Garner took out insurance for his 2007 Chrysler 300, he filed a claim, saying the car had been damaged in a parking lot and needed more than $4,000 in repairs. But insurance investigators figured out that his car already was damaged, and in 2013 authorities charged the Tacoma, Wash., area man with filing a false insurance claim.

When Garner failed to appear in court, a warrant was issued for his arrest, and the Washington state insurance department placed him on its online “most wanted” list, which features the names and photos of alleged fraudsters who don’t show up in court.

Read More at: https://gcn.com/articles/2017/10/20/most-wanted-list.aspx

Tracking Down ‘Most Wanted’ Insurance Fraud Suspects

Just a day after Leandre Garner took out insurance for his 2007 Chrysler 300, he filed a claim, saying the car had been damaged in a parking lot and needed more than $4,000 in repairs. But insurance investigators figured out that his car already was damaged, and in 2013 authorities charged the Tacoma, Washington, area man with filing a false insurance claim.

Read More at: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tracking-down-most-wanted-insurance-fraud-suspects_us_59e8b108e4b0432b8c11ecf9

Police: Suspect in 6 shootings in Maryland, Delaware, caught

(CNN) — A suspect in shootings in Maryland and Delaware on Wednesday that left three people dead and three others injured was caught in Delaware after a manhunt, authorities said.

Radee Labeeb Prince, 37, is accused of killing three people and wounding two others at his job in Maryland on Wednesday morning. Police say he shot a sixth person about two hours later at a Wilmington, Delaware, car dealership.

Prince was caught in Newark, Delaware, according to the Harford County Sheriff’s Office in Maryland.

A law enforcement official involved in the investigation told CNN authorities got a tip on Prince’s whereabouts and flooded the area. Three agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives spotted Prince walking around a neighborhood, smoking a cigar, the source said.

The agents confronted the suspected gunman, who tossed a gun as he took off running. Prince was caught a few blocks away, after a

Read More at: http://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Police-Suspect-in-6-shootings-in-Maryland-Delaware-caught-451528673.html

Police: Suspect in 6 shootings in Maryland, Delaware, caught


The suspect in shootings in Maryland and Delaware on Wednesday that killed three people and injured three was caught in Delaware, according to the Harford County Sheriff’s Office in Maryland. Radee L. Prince, 37, is accused of killing three people and wounding two others at his job in Maryland on Wednesday morning. Police say he shot a sixth person about two hours later at a Wilmington, Delaware, car dealership.

A gunman suspected of killing three people and wounding two others at his job in Maryland early Wednesday shot a sixth person at a Delaware car dealership hours later, authorities said.

Radee Labeeb Prince, 37, shot the male victim in Wilmington, striking him in the head, shortly before 11 a.m, according to Wilmington Police Chief Robert Tracy.

The victim, who knew Prince, gave police Prince’s

Read More at: http://kplr11.com/2017/10/18/police-suspect-in-6-shootings-in-maryland-delaware-caught/

U.S. Marshals: Fugitive failed to register as sex offender – Fosters

CONCORD — A man who failed to appear on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender is this week’s New Hampshire Fugitive of the Week, according to a press release from the U.S. Marshals office in Concord.

Antonio Ricardo DiCenzano, 51, is wanted a warrant out of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Department that was issued on Oct. 3, the Marshals said.

DiCenzano goes by the alias Dickey Edward Dicey, according to the Marshals. The District of New Hampshire — New Hampshire Joint Fugitive Task Force is actively seeking to arrest DiCenzano on the charge brought by the Manchester Police Department.

DiCenzano is required to register as a sex offender due to an original 1987 conviction for two counts of felonious sexual assault on a victim older than 13, but less than 16 years of age. DiCenzano is believed to be in Manchester, but also has

Read More at: http://www.fosters.com/news/20171018/us-marshals-fugitive-failed-to-register-as-sex-offender

U.S. Marshals: Fugitive failed to register as sex offender – News …

CONCORD — A man who failed to appear on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender is this week’s New Hampshire Fugitive of the Week, according to a press release from the U.S. Marshals office in Concord.

Antonio Ricardo DiCenzano, 51, is wanted a warrant out of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Department that was issued on Oct. 3, the Marshals said.

DiCenzano goes by the alias Dickey Edward Dicey, according to the Marshals. The District of New Hampshire — New Hampshire Joint Fugitive Task Force is actively seeking to arrest DiCenzano on the charge brought by the Manchester Police Department.

DiCenzano is required to register as a sex offender due to an original 1987 conviction for two counts of felonious sexual assault on a victim older than 13, but less than 16 years of age. DiCenzano is believed to be in Manchester, but also has

Read More at: http://www.fosters.com/news/20171018/us-marshals-fugitive-failed-to-register-as-sex-offender

US Marshals: Fugitive failed to register as sex offender

CONCORD — A man who failed to appear on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender is this week’s New Hampshire Fugitive of the Week, according to a press release from the U.S. Marshals office in Concord.

Antonio Ricardo DiCenzano, 51, is wanted a warrant out of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Department that was issued on Oct. 3, the Marshals said.

DiCenzano goes by the alias Dickey Edward Dicey, according to the Marshals. The District of New Hampshire — New Hampshire Joint Fugitive Task Force is actively seeking to arrest DiCenzano on the charge brought by the Manchester Police Department.

DiCenzano is required to register as a sex offender due to an original 1987 conviction for two counts of felonious sexual assault on a victim older than 13, but less than 16 years of age. DiCenzano is believed to be in Manchester, but also has

Read More at: http://www.fosters.com/news/20171018/us-marshals-fugitive-failed-to-register-as-sex-offender

TRUE CRIME: A baseball star’s death by shotgun in 1978 changed Indiana’s insanity laws

TRUE CRIME: A boy’s shooting death shakes Gary

GARY — Richard Meadows wanted to one day make it in the Guinness Book of World Records.

The 10-year-old boy wanted to set a record as the first child to write to a million. He only made it to 44,000 before a bullet pierced through the boy’s window and hit him in the head. 

Richard had been sleeping in his bed the morning of Aug. 14, 1993, at his home in the 4700 block of Delaware Street in Gary. The head of the bed had been facing the window of the front of the house. 

His family later recalled Richard got out of bed, went to a hallway and said, “Oh this hurts,” before falling. He later died at an area hospital. 

Richard’s homicide happened during an era when Gary was notoriously referred to as the murder capital. That year alone, the city logged 105 homicides, according

Read More at: http://www.niagara-gazette.com/true-crime-a-baseball-star-s-death-by-shotgun-in/collection_c18fec80-bd49-5ebd-bd28-1aad87ead24c.html